Brand name: Partagas
Length x size: 124 * 20(mm)
Made in Cuba
Appearance: The wrapper is smooth and shiny, dark and reddish brown in color and the veins are almost non-existent. The cigar is tightly packed without any soft or hard spots. The triple cap is perfectly applied.
- Before lighting up: Upon opening a box of Partagas Serie D No. 4's, you get a cedary and creamy scent. Strong aromas of cedar and honey ooze from the foot of the cigar, while a strong earthy smell is present on the wrapper. The pre-light draw is perfect and the wrapper leaves a sweet flavor on the lips.
- Burn/Draw: The draw is great from the very start. The cigar starts burning unevenly, but corrects itself in the second third. The ash is firm, dark grey – almost black – and stays on the cigar until almost two inches long. The cigar delivers plenty of smoke that has a long peaty, earthy finish, It smokes well until the very end.
- Initial third: The Partagas Serie D No. 4 starts with a coffee and chocolate flavor with the overtone of leather & tobacco. The cigar mellows down and gets more complex. Woody, earthy and sweet with a medium to full body.
- Middle third: In the second third the cigar turns to full body, even chewy. The flavors of the first third become more intense, but not harsh. It is bold and toothy.
- Final third: In the last third the cigar gets even stronger, rich and intense but not overwhelming. It becomes more creamy, complex and refined.
In summary, this is a very tasty cigar with full body, with complex and interesting flavors, without overwhelming the smoker with too much strength. It is a powerful smoke and definitely a must try for any cigar aficionado.Smoking time: 45 - 90 Minutes